Monday, March 26, 2012

Locks of Love

Hey everyone!
I just wanted to quickly about a really important cause that I'm totally behind! Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that accepts hair donations to make wigs for children with medical hair loss (ex: resultant from chemotherapy for cancer patients). It's really easy to donate and you can change a child's life so easily.

My cousin is a nurse for cancer patients in Omaha and she said she's seen the tears of happiness when the kids receive wigs and  feel beautiful and normal again. How could you not want to be a part of that?!!?

Minimum donation is a 10 in ponytail (non-bleached hair). I've attached the website for anyone interested in learning more about the organization and donation guidelines. If you have long hair, please consider it! It'll feel better to have short hair for summer anyways ;) My boyfriend and I both just chopped off our hair to donate and would love to start a trend and get a lot of people to do the same! If you decide to donate send me a pic of you holding up your ponytail and I'll post it on the blog!

Locks of Love Mission: http://www.locksoflove.org/mission.html
Hair Donation Guidelines: http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html



No comments:

Post a Comment